Monday, June 17, 2013

Just a Kiss Chapter Two

WitFit Prompt-Fun

It’s hard to concentrate on my job when he’s here.  I occasionally hear him laugh and, I swear to god, it’s so cute.  It’s more like a giggle, really- like he’s laughing at something he totally shouldn’t be.
Probably some stupid, twelve-year-old boy, potty humor.
When he’s not hunched over his paper…actually studying…shocker…he’s lazed back in his chair in that totally smooth way.  You know, all slouched with one arm draped over the back and his long-oh, so long-and muscular legs stretched out in front of him.
Occasionally he looks over at my desk and catches me staring at him, and while it makes me blush crimson enough to match our school colors, he just bites his lip and shakes his head.
Yes, I know.  I’m pathetic with my little girl crush.  At least I'm not drooling.  Well, not this time, anyway.
Mind reading would come in handy right about now.  He’s just so…quiet.  So cool.  I don’t get him at all.  Not that I’ve ever had an actual conversation with him.  Oh, God…please don’t ever make me have to have a full-on conversation with him.  My hormones would never allow my tongue to function properly.
“Bella!”
Oh, shit.  It’s Mrs. Cope and her whisper-shout.  How long have I been staring this time?
“Have you filed the last of the research books turned in by Dr. Banner’s class this afternoon?”
Sigh.  “No, ma’am.  I’ll get right on that.”
The fun is over and I get back to work, filing heavy research books on the opposite side of the library.  Away from the boy.
One last look to get me through another boring afternoon and, of course, he doesn’t disappoint. 
His chair is reclined against the farthest stacks, tilted on its two back legs.  His legs are spread wide and his feet are wrapped around the bottom rungs, his plump lips moving…mouthing the words he’s reading from the book in front of him.  Gah, so cute!
And I see it before it ever happens.
Emmett’s caught me staring…again…and he grins as he reaches out with his big foot and kicks the bottom of Edward’s chair, causing him and the chair to crash to the ground.
I try not to laugh…well, snort…I really do, but I'm so surprised by the fact that Edward actually fell, I can’t contain myself.  He’s known for his lightning fast reflexes, after all.
The commotion has earned the group an annoyingly loud, “Shhhhhhh!” from Mrs. Cope and as Edward turns to apologize to the librarian, our eyes lock.  And I see his eyes widen and the tips of his ears redden just before his lips tighten into a grim line.  Ohmygod-I’m so embarrassed!  Why am I still here?  Still staring?
It’s then, as I scurry away, that I finally hear his voice; a faint murmur of apology to Mrs. Cope and then…a loud smack followed by, “Emmett!  You jackass!” 

No comments: