Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just A Kiss Chapter 13


The game is flying by and I’m in a drunken Edward haze.  You’d think that with as much baseball as I’ve watched over the years that it would be nothing special to me, just another game.  But Edward’s performance makes it a show that can’t be missed.

It’s the return of the jungle cat as he almost dances back and forth on his toes, watching the pitcher and reading the batter, scooping up the ball and then giving a little skip before throwing it.

On the field, Edward’s aggressive; always ready to pounce, even before anything comes at him.  He directs the outfielders when the ball is hit deep and encourages his pitchers when they’re struggling.  He’s quick and calculating and sure, oozing nothing but sheer confidence.  And it’s so freakin’ sexy.

In the eighth inning he hits a home run, adding three more runs to the board-thanks to him and the guys that were already on second and third-giving our team the lead for the first time since the bottom of the fifth.  His jaunt, once he rounds third base, is really more like a swagger as his team mates wait to high-five him and slap his butt when he crosses home plate.

It’s normal to think that guys slapping each other’s asses is hot, right?

I stand and clap a little longer than most everyone else because I want him to know that he has my full support, that I’ll be his cheerleader no matter what.  I know I’m successful when, just shy of reaching the dugout, he looks up and finds me.  He presses his index finger to the middle of his lips and then trots down the steps.

I don’t know what that little gesture means, but I’ll be sure to find out later.

Before the last inning I take a quick bathroom break so that I won’t have to do the pee-pee dance while waiting for Edward after the game.  It’s while I’m in there that I overhear the Wench & Bitches talking about whom I can only assume is little ole me.

“I mean, did you see her?  She just walked up in there like she fucking owned the place.  All because she had on his stupid sweatshirt.”

“I know, right?  It makes her look like a total whore, like she’s flaunting fucks or something.”

“And you know she totally is.  That has to be how she wound up with him.”

“Well, if she’s not banging him yet she’s teasing the hell out of him and she’ll give it up before long ‘cause I doubt he’ll wait around.  He has heartbreaker written all over his fine face, so mark my words…soon enough she’ll be next in a long line of losers I bet he’s left behind.”

“And I’m sure you’ll be there to pick up the pieces?”

“You know it!”

I roll my eyes and decide to let them know how I really feel.  Flush…for starters.

I saunter to the sinks, taking my time to wash my hands and check my lipstick…and, ok, straighten my hoodie…before meeting Captain Wench Skank’s eyes in the mirror.  Bitch maiden number one at least has the decency to look a little nervous or maybe even embarrassed to have been caught gossiping by the actual person they were talking about.  The Captain…not so much.  Figures.

I turn and lean on my hip against the sink and cross my arms over my chest, giving her my own version of the bitch brow.

“You know…perhaps if you’d think of your conquests as people and not paychecks…you know…get to know them through talking instead of fucking, you might actually be able to find someone who’ll hang around longer than it takes for them to find out how bad you really are in bed.”

Wench Skank’s eyes widen and then settle into a cool glare before she hisses, “Like you’ll ever find out how good Cullen is in the sack!”

Ahh, but I know something she doesn’t know.  It’s about who I am to him, and if I have it my way, who she’ll never be.

I step forward, coming toe to slutty toe with the human herpe, and let her in on my little secret.

“Whether I know what he’s like in bed or not isn’t any of your business, but I do have one word for you.  Girlfriend.  That’s right…he chose me.  So if I were you, I’d back…the fuck…off…my man.  I won’t say it twice.”

With that, I turn on my heel and walk back to my seat, shaking with the adrenaline rush.

“What’s with you?” Rosalie asks, noticing my rapid breathing.

I just shake my head, take a few sips of my Diet Coke in effort to calm my nerves, and finish watching the game.


After the game, the boys come pouring out of the locker room, riding high on their opening day victory.  Emmett scoops Rosalie up and twirls her around, effectively making her dizzy enough to tell him that she’s going to puke if he doesn’t put her down. 

Jasper and Alice have some kind of quiet cosmic thing going on, him simply giving her a chaste kiss on the cheek while she grins and stares at him like she’s trying to figure out how he hung the moon.

It looks like shy Edward is a little more present now that the game is over and I honestly can’t decide which one is sexier.  Fortunately for me, I don’t have to decide because I get to have both!

“Hey,” he says quietly, pulling me into his arms for a very big hug.

“Hey, yourself.”

He drops his clasped hands down around my waist, apparently not ready to let me go just yet. 

“Did you like the game?”

“I liked watching you.”

“Hmm, is that right?  Well, I liked you watching me.”

He loosens his grip from around my back and reaches up to grasp the two strings that are hanging from the hood of my sweatshirt.  He tugs on them, using the momentum to pull me closer so that now I’m standing between his oh, so long and muscular legs, forcing me to have to look up at him.  His green eyes are blazing and it’s then that I feel the sides of his fists that are still curled around the stings come to rest against the swells of my breasts.

Aneurysm and heart attack all in one day.  Surely no one can survive that.

“I also like your sweatshirt,” he murmurs lowly, placing a soft kiss against my temple.

Holy mother of cuss.

I shiver.  “Um, thanks.  My boyfriend gave it to me.  You know…school spirit.”  He chuckles and I feel it from my ear all the way down to my toes.

“Does this boyfriend know you’re coming over to my place to celebrate our victory?”

Whoa.  So maybe not so shy Edward is in the house.  I am so down with that.

“Am I?” I tease.

He slowly slides his hands down my sides until they encircle my waist and then proceeds to kiss the fire out of me.

Realization…victory on the ball field makes Edward horny.  By the gods…may they win the damn championship!

This kiss is so good and so hot and so deep that I don’t hear Emmett cat-calling us and making lewd remarks.  I don’t hear Rosalie and Alice giggling at the public display the likes of which they’ve never seen from me.  What I do hear is my whimper when he pulls me closer and I nearly wonder if he’s still wearing his cup.  And I hear his groan as I suck his bottom lip and dig my fingernails into his back.

When we come back into the real world-because it’s either that or throw down on the pitcher’s mound-he leans his forehead against mine and licks his lips.  Then he carefully tugs the sides of my hoodie together, ever so slowly raising the zipper up the front, the backs of his fingers brushing against me the whole way.

Oh my God.  I think I just came.

And then the next thing I hear is…

“Dear Lord, Edward.  You already branded the poor girl.  Why don’t you let her breathe?”

Oh shit.
“Hi…I’m Lucy Cullen.  And you must be Bella.”

No comments: