Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cheese Claws Recipe

ask and you shall receive.  thanks for showing interest in this.  my Meemaw made these every Christmas and i still do.  the best thing is that you can make up a batch of these, spoon them out individually on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze them.  put them in a tupperware container and get out as many as you want at a time.  just pop them in the oven and cook them from frozen!  it just takes a little longer to cook.

1 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup +/- milk
1 tube pork sausage
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

mix together.  if it seems dry, add more milk.  spoon out individually onto a cookie sheet.  bake at 350 until golden and sausage has browned.  if you want them spicier, try hot sausage vs. mild.  or try sharp cheddar cheese for more flavor.  like i said, a glorified sausage ball, only by adding in milk it makes it more of a biscuit consistancy plus you make these bigger.  i'll post a picture on here within a couple of weeks if you are interested.  it's time i stocked my freezer for christmas anyway.  these are good with grape or red plum jelly smeared on the top of 'em.  trust me. 

if your family doesn't eat lunch until late on holidays (like mine does for some insane reason like waiting for your crazy aunt to finally roll her ass out of bed and make the two hour trip) then make a pile of these to nosh on.  you won't be disappointed!  and lord help, let me know if you make some.  i wanna know what you think.  unless you don't like them.  then don't tell me.  i'd hate to have to hurt you for tainting my meemaw's good memory ;-)

becky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to try this recipe out - it sounds perfect for our football Sundays! One question about the sausage though: just add it raw, broken up into the dough? I won't have to cook it off first?

Geez, I'm drooling just thinking about it. BTW, I absolutely love Cotton Creek. Your Edward makes me melt each week. *sigh* :)

rtgirl said...

stephanie, you just add the sausage in raw. it cooks through while in the oven. like i said, if you have ever had sausage balls, it's basically the same, just a little more "biscuity".