Thursday, September 30, 2010

kentucky derby pie

this is the recipe for the pie that Bella brings to the Cullen's house for lunch.  seriously...sin.  try it.  tell me what you think!!

Kentucky Derby Pie

Melt: 1 stick of butter
Beat: 3 whole eggs and add into butter
Add: 1 1/2 cups sugar
        1/3 cup all purpose flour
        1 cup chopped pecans
        1 cup milk chocolate chips
        1 tsp vanilla

When mixed thoroughly, pour into 2 frozen pie shells (or one regular refrigerated pie shell...or 1 deep dish frozen shell).  Bake 45 minutes @ 350 degree for the single pie shells or for 30 minutes if you divide it into two pie shells.  (clear as mud??)  when you take it out, let this pie set up.  Then serve it with vanilla ice cream and thank me later!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I've made this twice now. It is soooo good! I used semisweet chocolate because I'm not a fan of milk chocolate. It was fantastic with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.