Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just A Kiss Chapter 11


Oh. My. God.

I gasp in realization, my eyes open wide. 

Ohmygod! 

My eyes squeeze tightly shut. 

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! 

I fell asleep on Edward’s couch! 

No…no, no, no!  How in the hell did this happen?

I need to clear my throat of the yucky wake up junk, but I dare not make a noise.  I’d die if he woke up and saw me in all of my troll doll morning glory. 

Hair all…everywhere. 

Makeup…surely three inches south of where I’d originally put it. 

Breath…I gingerly lift my hand to cup my mouth and do the huff-sniff test and…oh…god.  Pole cat in heat.  I die.

I lie still, breathing as shallowly as possible so I can listen to the noises around me.  Edward’s behind me, lightly snoring and still spooning me from head to bent knees to cute socked feet.  My precious.

His arm is heavy around my waist, his index finger curled around one of my belt loops, securing me to him.

Lord.  I’m stuck in cuddle jail with a full bladder, raccoon eyes and skunk breath.

I may not have many things, but I do have stealth.  Thank you, Emmett!  Finally, our shenanigans have met their pay day.

Gingerly, I stroke Edward’s hand, coaxing his fingers to flex to that I can untangle them from the belt loop and carefully place his arm back down along his side.

Slowly, I reach out and push the coffee table away a little bit so that I don’t kill myself trying to ninja my ass up off of this couch.

I untangle our feet, lift my head and scoot forward about an inch. 

From behind me, Edward grumbles and then leans his head forward, nestles his face back into my hair, and takes a deep breath before settling again.

When I decide it’s okay to breathe again, I quietly slither off the couch and tip toe into the bathroom, thankfully, unnoticed.

I almost dance in my victory until I realize exactly where I am.  Not just any bathroom…Edward’s bathroom…right next door to his inner sanctum. 

You know when you walk by Abercrombie in the mall and it’s like they just pump that man smell through the vents, just luring you in with their evilness?  I bet it’s just like that.

I decide that a little snooping never killed anyone.  But I need to take care of business first.

After washing my hands and the remnants of yesterday’s make up off of my face, I borrow his toothbrush to freshen up a bit more because I’ll be damned if I’m not getting at least one more kiss before I have to get out of here.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I see dark brown hair that’s wild from fingers running through it, his this time, not mine.  I see big brown eyes that, while I used to think they were boring, this morning they look bright and happy.  And I see lips that are a little darker than usual, probably left over from a kickass make out session and definitely tingly from the memory of it.

I’m lost in tender thoughts when the door from Edward’s room that leads into the bathroom opens.

Oh, forgot about locking that one. 

And there he stands in all his disheveled, just-woke-up glory; hair standing on end, couch lines on his face and sleepy green eyes.

Now why can’t we all look like that when we wake up in the morning?

“You are still here,” he mumbles, shuffling over to stand behind me at the sink.  He wraps one arm around my waist and with his other hand, moves my hair over my shoulder before leaning in and placing a sweet kiss right in the crook of my neck, tickling me with his scruff.

“Hmmm…” I sigh.

“Morning, Pretty,” he murmurs against my neck, squeezing me tight.

“Morning,” I reply, thinking this could have been so awkward, but it so isn’t.

His eyes meet mine in the mirror, green to brown.  “I thought you’d left without saying goodbye.”

“I didn’t mean to stay.”

“Why?” he asks, turning me around to face him properly.

I hug myself to him, inhaling his scent that actually smells a little more like me than him this morning, making me giddy about what that meant.

“It’s a little fast, right?  I mean this is still so new and…I just don’t wanna do anything that’ll mess this up.”

“You’re not,” he promised, but then started to look worried.  “Am I?”

“No!  No, no, no.  Not at all.”

“You’d tell me, right?  Honesty all the way, no matter what?”

I nod and sigh in complete agreement.  That’s definitely something I can do.  “No matter what.”

“Good.  Now, if you’re done in here, I need a minute because I don’t wake up all minty fresh unlike some people,” he said, giving me an all-knowing eye…busted...”and I really would like a good morning kiss.”

“Is that right?”

He growled, “Go!” and popped me on the butt, causing me to squeal as he pushed me through the door into his room.

It’s so much nicer than I was expecting for a college guy.  He has an oak platform bed, a comforter with a denim blue and cream striped pattern covering it, and a beautiful canvas on the wall of a baseball player at bat, almost in silhouette.  Other than that, it’s pretty standard; some vintage pennants, a few trophies and worn ball caps, a flat screen TV and…lots of books and CDs.

“Snoop,” he says right beside my ear, giving me the chills.

“Will I find anything as embarrassing as your Cosmo collection in here?”

“Not funny.  Now, how ‘bout that kiss?”

Lifting my chin with his thumb and index finger, he lowers his lips to meet mine.  What starts like it did the night before-slow and tender-quickly becomes more desperate and pleading.

Edward’s hands slide across my shoulders, down my ribcage and over my waist, finally settling on my hips with a grip that pulls me nearer to him.  My blood is like liquid fire coursing through my veins, lighting me up from the inside out as we kiss and hold each other chest to chest, touching all the way down to our hips and thighs.

Gah, this man!  I can feel…things…are getting a little overheated-and not just him-so I begin to slow our kisses, pulling back, trailing sweet pecks down his neck to his collarbone.

I slide my hands from his hair down to his chest where I can feel that his heart is beating almost as fast as mine as we try to catch our breath.

“Well,” he croaked, causing me to giggle.  “Shut it.  Don’t kill my buzz right before the big game.”

“Oh, gosh!  What time is it?  I totally forgot about that!  You aren’t late are you?”

“No.  It’s only a little after nine and the game isn’t until two.  But the Booster Club is going to provide an early lunch for us before the game so we have to meet at eleven.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Nah.  Not at this point.  Just excited.  I’m always full of adrenaline on opening day.”

“Well, I’m looking forward to watching you play.”

“I’m looking forward to watching you watching me.  You sitting with the girls?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Good.  Oh, that reminds me,” he trails off and releases me, walking into his closet.

“Here,” he said shyly, biting his lip and handing over what looked like a folded sweatshirt.

When I unfold it, it looks like the same red hoodie that Lucy had been wearing the night I saw them at the batting cages.

On the front was our school’s logo and on the back was the name CULLEN across the top in black athletic letters and the number 17 centered below it.

I gasp and look up at him in total shock. 

“You…you want me to wear this?”

“Not just that.  I want you to keep it.  You’re mine now, right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: