Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just A Kiss Chapter 16


B~Where r u? Didn’t c u at ur desk.~E

E~Upstairs.  Medical reference stacks filing. Trying not to break my neck.~B

B~But I miss ur face.  Come c me.~E

E~Miss urs 2.  Can’t right now.  30 mins?~B

B~R U really just lookin at pics of naked men in those books?~E

E~Busted.  Now leave me alone.~B

B~But I thought U only liked looking at MY naked.:(~E

E~I do.  Esp the gluteus maximus, the pectoralis major, deltoids, & biceps brachii.  Now shush or I’ll never get done.~B

B~I can help u “get done” ;P~E

E~Perv.  I’m turning my phone off now. Xx~B

Edward has certainly come out of his shy little shell where I’m concerned in the last month.  He’s funny and flirty and forward.  He’s open and honest, smart and sexy and he apparently loves to drive me insane with lust.  The problem?  I don’t know if he realizes he’s doing it.  He’s just being himself.   I still wonder sometimes how on earth I got so lucky that he’s all mine but then I think…

I gasp.

I curse.

I twist and fall from the ladder.

I’m sure I’m going to die.

Until I don’t hit the ground that surely would shatter several bones.

Instead I land against warm, toned muscles that are strong and smell like my favorite man.

If I didn’t love him, I’d hate him right about now.

Edward!  For the love of God…you scared the shit out of me,” I exclaim, slapping him in the afore mentioned warm, toned, strong, man-smelling chest.  Gah!  Is licking your boyfriend in a public library inappropriate?

“I told you to come see me.  I missed you,” he murmurs, nuzzling me against my ear.

I wrap my arms around his neck even tighter, settling into my happy place.  He walks around the corner to the end of the bookshelf and slides down until we’re sitting on the floor with me in his lap.

“You’re very impatient, you know,” I whisper as he kisses every place his lips can reach on the side of my face, making my nerve endings tingle.  “I’d just been thinking about all your better qualities and then this happens.  I knew you couldn’t possibly be perfect,” I tease.

His kisses stop and that is never a good thing.  See, I’ve also learned that he’s a little bit wicked when I attempt to deflate his ego a little bit.  Quickly, I turn in his lap and straddle him, hoping to make it better by returning all of his kisses.

When I’m done…as if…I lean back so I can look him in the eyes.  Oh…bright green…all hulk-like.  Definitely up to no good.

His hand that’s been under my hair cupping my neck loosens and makes a slow, torturous descent down my back, lighting every vertebrae it passes on fire, until it reaches the hem of my shirt.  Edward quirks his eyebrow at me as he slides his hand under, finally touching my bare skin.  The Devil.  He knows he doesn’t need permission.

The smooth edges of his fingernails tickle my skin, giving me goose bumps everywhere as he trails the back of his hand up my back until he reaches my bra, and then stops.

My breath quickens because I have absolutely no idea what he’s going to do.  It usually goes one of two ways…tickle or tease. 

He makes his decision, it would seem, and he kisses me… cheek to chin, the line of my jaw, behind my ear, down my neck, stretching my shirt so he can nip at my collarbones.  I’m high as a damn kite on him, whimpering as his lips leave a warm wet trail where his tongue has sneaked between them, tasting me all along the way.

Peter and all the saints…but this man can kiss.  In a place where innocent looks and shy blushes were the rule for us, he’s totally changing the game.

I’m dripping wet and so distracted that I barely notice his index and middle fingers under my bra strap lazily making their way around my ribcage toward the front, right under my…

Gasp!  I grab his wrist, effectively stopping him…’cause I’m an idiot…just before the really good stuff.

Edward!  You can’t!  Not here!”

He chuckles darkly in response.

“Don’t worry, Pretty.  I wasn’t really going to.”

“But…what?”

“Well…someone thinks I need to practice patience.  So that’s what I was doing.  But now,” he trails, looking at his watch, “oh…well, now I’m late for practice.  Looks like I’m gonna be running poles this afternoon thanks to you.”

He bounces his legs and pats my butt, motioning for me to get up so he can leave.

Like hell!

I growl and attack his mouth, managing to make a loud bang as I knock him back into bookshelf.  I don’t even care if he has a mild concussion.  Boyfriend is gonna know better than to leave me high and not dry.

I curl my fingers into his hair and tug, first pulling him closer to me, kissing him with every fiber of my being; tongues touching, twirling and tasting until I can feel the effect it’s having on him between my own legs. 

Oh, God.  Focus.  Control.

I pull on his hair to tilt his head back giving me all the access in the world to that long neck and manly Adam’s apple.  I lick and nip and kiss and when he finally whisper-groans, “Fuck, Bella,” I know he’s learned his lesson.  I peck his lips and pat his cheek.

“There.  Now you can go to practice,” I say, standing up and leaving my pretty precious in a confused lust fog.  Poor thing.  He’s panting.  Payback’s a bitch, boyfriend.

“Wha…how?  How am I supposed to go like this,” he asks, a little growly and a lot turned on.

Mmm…my favorite combo.

“Same way I’m supposed to work with wet panties, now go.”

He grumbles and glares at me as he stands and adjusts himself.

“You’re mean,” he pouts.

“You started it.”

He walks over and wraps his arms around me, tucking his hands into my back pockets.  “We still on for later?”

“Depends on how long you have to run poles.”

“Don’t worry.  I’ll run ‘em fast.  I have plans for you, missy.”

“Oh…well, you’re in luck.  I happen to like plans.”

He kisses me gently but gropes me roughly and then he’s gone.

That man needs to come with a warning label.

 

“Don’t you ever get tired of this?” I ask.

“No,” he grunts.

God, I love that sound.

“Never?”

Another grunt.  “Never.”

“It’s gonna take us forever to clean up when you’re done.”

He steps out of the batter’s box and turns to me, curling his arms over the bat that’s stretched across his shoulders.

“You got somewhere you need to be?  I’m about to leave you for a week, ya know.”

“Don’t remind me.  Spring Break sucks,” I grumble, making a show out of poking out my lower lip.

He walks over to me, where I’ve been watching safely from behind the fence of the batting cages.

Best.  View.  Ever.

“C’mere,” he whispers and leans into the fence, puckering his lips through one of the diamond patterns of chain link, demanding a kiss.

I happily oblige, but only for a second.

“So when’s it my turn?”

“Now who’s impatient?  Come on.  Grab a helmet.”

I do as he says while he changes the pitching speed on the automatic machine.  He struts back over to the box, looking very excited that he’s about to teach me something.

He picks up the bat and steps behind me, wrapping his arms around me and showing me where to hold it, how much I should choke up on it to make it more appropriate for my size and upper body strength.

I hate to tell him, but there isn’t but one bat I’m paying any attention to and it’s not the one in my hands…well…not yet anyway.

I wiggle my butt into him, letting him know.

“Stop that.  Not here.”

“Why?  You invaded my territory earlier today.”

He smirks.  “True.  And then again at my place after dinner.”

What has gotten into you?  You are so bad today.”  Not that I mind.  But again…ego control.

He leans down and bites my shoulder playfully. 

“Shush.  Just pay attention.  Now…hitting a baseball takes quick hand-eye coordination and rhythm.”

Jesus cuss…the pretty does not need to be talking to me about coordination and rhythm.  Makes my mind go to dark places…where we’re both naked.

I swallow hard.  “Quick…hand…rhythm…got it.”

He chuckles and shakes his head.  “Stay put.  I’m going to press the button.  I’ll help you at first, okay.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

He pushes the button and then steps back into the box with me.  He kicks my feet a little further apart, squeezes his hands around my hips, nudging me to shift my weight, and then trails his hands up my sides until his hands grip mine around the bad.

Thank God this ain’t no little league field.  This man is so not G-rated.

The light blinks, signaling the release of the first pitch, and it comes by a little faster than I was expecting, causing me to yelp and jump back into him.

He laughs at my surprised reaction but just holds me tighter to him.

“Oh, God, Pretty…I…” he says as he laughs and then just stops his sentence cold and shakes his head.

“What?”

“Nothing.  Let’s try again.”

He shows me how to count while waiting to swing since this machine is delivering a repetitive pitch, always the same speed.  Once I hit a few with his help, he backs out of the box letting me try it solo.  I miss the first few pitches and he tells me what to change to make the connection.

And when I do, you would think I’d hit a homer in the World Series.  I’m such a girl, jumping up and down and yelling and doing a mean victory dance.

Edward claps and cheers me on as I finish out the rack of balls.

After we clean up, we walk hand in hand out onto their field.  The air is warm on my skin but I can’t help snuggling closer, curling my other hand around the crook of his elbow.

“Why are we here?” I ask.  It’s getting late and I really want to spend our last night together before a week apart somewhere mostly naked, preferably in a bed and not on a baseball field.

He pulls me to a stop between third base and home plate.  He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

“I just wanted to say something.  Something that’s been on my mind for a while and I think it just needs to be now…before we have to be apart.”

My eyes widen in apprehension because I have absolutely no clue where this is going.  “Okay.”

“Look, I know Lucy told you that I’ve been burned in the past.  My high school girlfriend, Maggie…being used by her made me gun-shy with girls for a long time.  Up to this point, she’s been my only long term girlfriend.  I thought that because our families were friends…business partners, really…that I could trust her.  Obviously it was a case of her parents using her to get to me…to get to my parents.  You see, Bella…when I told you my parents were “in medicine”, I didn’t mean that they’re doctors.”

I meant to ask him about this, about the Maggie bitch that I still need to find and cut…but we’ve been so busy being blissed out…I honestly just forgot.

“What did you mean?”

He clenches his eyes, takes a deep breath and blurts out, “My family has lots of money, Bella.  Like tons.  My dad’s the C.E.O. of Cullen Pharmaceuticals.  They bought out some clinical research company a few years ago and since then new ways of testing and new drugs have been coming out right and left.  I don’t understand a lot of it, but it’s why my parents have always harped on Lucy and I that we had to be careful who we hung out with.  It’s part of why I became so shy and hid in books and studying and baseball.  I started keeping this journal because for so long, I couldn’t really open up to anyone because I never knew why they really wanted to be around me.

“But then you came along…and you’re different.  You’re different than any of the other girls, different than half of the people who were my “so-called” friends growing up.  You’re just you and you like me when I’m just me.”

I’m completely blown away and for once, I have no snarky inner monologue.  There’s just him and his honesty and sincerity and I feel the tears pricking the corners of my eyes.  He trusts me and I know that means more than anything to him and to me.

“Edward,” I start.

“No, just let me finish.”

He tugs on my hand and starts walking towards home plate.  Once we’re in front of it he looks down.  “Before we go home tomorrow, I just wanted you to know,” he says, tapping his foot on the base.

And there on a dusty home plate is written…

Edward

Loves

Bella

I blink and my vision blurs through the tears.  When I look up at him I can only barely make out his lop-sided smile as he pulls me into his arms and whispers against my ear…
“I love you, Pretty.”

No comments: