Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just A Kiss Chapter 15


“Just don’t make any sudden moves and maybe she’ll go away,” Edward whispered, his warm breath breezing across my cheekbone.

“Would you back off already?  It’s not like I’m gonna hurt the girl.  Move it!” Lucy said, dragging Edward backwards by the sleeve of his shirt.

Lucy huffs and rolls her eyes at her brother and then turns to me, crossing her arms over her chest and looks me over from head to toe.

I’m good enough.  I ‘m smart enough and doggonit, people like me.  Oh, please let the sister like me.

“Mmhmm…just what I thought,” she said with a nod.  “Little brother, you are out of your league.”

Oh, praise Jesus.  Wait…what?

“Shut up, and step off of my woman.  You’re scaring her.  Look at her face.  You okay, Pretty?” Edward asks, pushing his sister out of the way and stepping back into my line of sight, raising his eyebrows.

Crap.  I can’t even wrap my brain around this.  I’ve just met my very new boyfriend’s sister for the first time while basically dry-humping him in public.  Awesome.

Time to get it together.

I take a determined breath and then reach up and grasp Edward’s hands that are cupping my cheeks.  “I’m fine, Babe.”

“Really?”

“Yes,” I giggle.  “Now get out of the way and let me meet your sister properly.”

He looks at me a little strangely for just a second before he decides he believes me and then steps to my side, curling his arm around my shoulders.  I offer her my hand. 

“Hi, Lucy.  It’s nice to finally meet you.  Edward’s told me a lot about you.  Congratulations on your engagement, by the way.  I bet you’re really excited,” I ramble.

Hello word vomit.  Maybe I’m just a spaz around everyone with the last name Cullen.

She skips the handshake and leans in to hug me warmly instead.  “Thank you, Bella.  It’s nice to finally meet you, too.”

Oh, well…wasn’t expecting that, but I’ll definitely take it.

“How did you even know who…”

“Hey,” Edward buts in not allowing me to finish my question.  “I thought you were going home this weekend.  Didn’t Brady have something special planned since you couldn’t do the Valentine’s Day thing?”

“I told him to save the money and add it to the honeymoon fund.  I really don’t need to make any unnecessary trips right now.  He said we’d just use it to buy bikinis and lube.”

“Oh, God, no.  Just…no.  Gross!”

The rest of the gang, who’d been standing quietly by and watching the dynamic between Edward and Lucy unfold, all crack up at his sudden discomfort.  It’s a lot like watching Emmett and I go at it.

“So anyway, I’m free for our usual,” she says, but then slides her smiling eyes over towards me and reconsiders, “unless you already have big plans.”

Oh, I forgot about their usual Saturday night thing.  I definitely don’t want to get on her bad side by intruding.

“We didn’t have anything definite and I wouldn’t want to intrude,” I say, trying to slip out from under Edward’s arm.

Apparently he doesn’t approve.  Either that or he’s scared of his sister because he suddenly has a death grip around my shoulder and is curling me into him, nuzzling in my hair line.

Okay, so maybe I do want to intrude just a little bit.

“How ‘bout we all just go to my apartment and order some Chinese and hang out?” Edward offers.

“You buyin’?” Emmett asks.

“Emmett!” Rosalie and I scold simultaneously.

“What?  He invited us.”

“I swear to God we are not related.  I’m sorry about him,” I say, turning to Lucy.

Please don’t hold my gene pool against me.

“Nah.  I’ve been around him enough that he doesn’t bother me.  This one here,” she says, thumbing over towards Edward, “usually kills his buzz pretty quickly anyway.”

“I’m right here,” Edward says in his defense.

“Well I’m starving, so if we’re gonna do this, can we go?” Jasper asks, piping up for the first time.

Alice nods in agreement from where she’s perched on his back, swinging her legs back and forth by his sides.

“Yeah, you guys just tell me what you want and I’ll go pick it all up.  Alice, you wanna come with?”

“Sure,” she says, leaning around to kiss Jasper’s cheek before hopping down and helping Lucy collect everyone’s orders.

…….

The guys are deeply engrossed in a highly competitive game of Mario Kart and Rose and I are taking a quiz from Cosmo when Alice and Lucy stagger in with bags and bags of food.

We follow them into the kitchen, helping them get everything set out for a virtual Chinese buffet when we’re attacked from behind by a hoard of ravenous boys.

Even my shy boy drops all pretenses when it comes to food.  He can shovel it in just like the rest of them.

Lucy and I are the last ones left in the kitchen fixing our plates when she speaks out of the blue.

“You really like my brother?”

“What?  Oh…um…yeah.  I do.  He’s just...”  I set my plate down, turning towards her.  I really want her to know how I feel so I wait until her blue eyes meet mine.  “Lucy, I’ve never met anyone like him.  I’ve dated athletes before, so I know what kind of focus that takes, but everything else about Edward is so different.  He’s so smart and so sweet.  He’s sensitive and…God, I’m rambling again.  What is it with you Cullen’s?  I get around you and I start talking and I can’t just freaking stop!”

She laughs and puts her plate down as well, reaching down to hold one of my hands between hers.

“Just relax, Bella.  I’m not here to judge you.  Edward’s a big boy and is plenty capable of making his own decisions. “

I take a much needed deep breath and exhale, looking down and nodding.

“Look.  I just asked because I love him.  Next to Brady, he’s my best friend, not just my brother.  I want him to be happy, but I want him to be careful.  He hasn’t been the same around girls since his last serious girlfriend when he was a senior in high school.  It’s not my story to tell, and I don’t know how much you already know, but Maggie hurt him pretty badly.  So just…be good to him.  Please?  He’s a great guy.  Just…don’t ever tell him I said that,” she says, laughing at the end.

Almost the only thing I heard from that conversation was that some bitch had hurt my pretty precious and yet again, I find myself needing to cut someone. 

She leaves the kitchen without waiting for my reply and I take a few minutes to absorb everything she just said.

Just as I’m ready to join the group, Edward sneaks up behind me and snakes his arms around my waist, resting his hands on my belly.

“Why are you still in here, Pretty?”

“Oh, nothing.  Just trying to pick through the scraps you vultures left behind.”  Hopefully he buys that.

“Hey, did Lucy say something to upset you?  She’s my sister so I’m actually allowed to beat her down if you need me to,” he murmured, his lips fluttering up and down the column of my neck as he spoke.

I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his waist, tucking my hands into his back pockets.

“No, Babe.  Lucy’s great.  Really.”

“Promise?” he whispers, nuzzling my nose and cheekbone.

I sigh.  “Promise.”

We collect our plates and join the others around the coffee table, telling stories and laughing until sometime after ten when everyone started excusing themselves for the night.

…..

When we’re finished cleaning up, we spend a few minutes snuggling and kissing on the couch before I get up, knowing it’s late and time to head back to my dorm.

“Where you goin’?” he asks, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me back down across his lap.

Oh, so much man-ness to feel.

“My room.  You’ve had a long day and it’s late.  I don’t want to keep you up.”

He looks at me with a tentative expression; first at my eyes and then to my mouth and back again before licking his bottom lip.

“Stay.”

“Stay?  Here?”

He nods and bites his lip and I’m mesmerized by how it slowly slips through his teeth as he waits for my answer.  He’s so hopeful looking, how could I possibly say no?  As if.

“I don’t have a tooth brush.”

He smirks.  “You can just use mine again.”

He snakes his hand up the back of my shirt, his warm fingertips making me shiver.

“What about pj’s?  I can’t sleep in my jeans,” I tease, my most private of parts beginning to pulse.

He kisses my neck, making a line from behind my ear, down and then back up until he whispers directly into it, “You can borrow one of my shirts…or not.”

Oh…my…hell, yes!

“Then let’s get ready for bed.”

In a flash he picks me up and rounds the corner to his room and tosses me down onto the bed, sending me into a fit of giggles.  That is until I see the look in his eyes as he follows me down, crawling up my body, rubbing every part of him against every part of me and then hovers teasingly.

Oh, ball park Edward, I think I’m going to love you most of all.

I wrap my leg around the back of his knee, causing his lower body to crash into mine and-oh, so much yes-I finally felt everything strong and manly about him.  His eyes are shut and his lip is between his teeth again as my hands slide under his worn t-shirt to feel his bunching muscles that are trying to keep the majority of his weight off of me.   And then he surrenders…surrenders to me, to his own desires and to everything good that is us.

He plunges his tongue into my mouth, teasing me…tasting me, until he drives me mad with lust and want.  He has one hand in my hair and the other is inching under my shirt as he kisses down my neck and across my collarbone.

I can’t handle the hesitancy any more so I reach down and place my hand on his, twining our fingers together, and then raise his hand up my ribcage until it reaches my breast.

“Fuck,” he pants.

Oh, we’ll get there. 

He squeezes me gingerly at first, I’m sure waiting for my reaction.  When I smile back up at him, his boldness grows-as does other things it would seem-and he dips a finger into the cup of my bra, causing me to whimper before he lightly pinches me.

“This shirt needs to come off,” he growls, sitting up but removing his first.

Well Peter and all the holy saints…

“Wait…just…wait.”

“Why?  What’s wrong?  Too fast?”

My precious.

“No.  Not too fast.  Too much,” I say, taking in every sculpted line for the first time. 

He’s long and lean with just the right amount of definition to his muscles.  Like he works hard and takes care of himself but not in a way that would make me feel self-conscious being naked with him.  There’s light hair across his chest and a trail from his belly button down into his pants that makes me very happy.

“Do you wanna stop?”

What?  Why would I want that?

I look up at him and he has worry written all over his face.

“Why would I want to stop?”

“You said it was too much.”

“Oh!  No…I meant,” I say, waving my hand towards his torso, “you.  Look at you.  You’re too much.”

He shakes his head, starts pushing up my shirt and then rumbles, “Well, then…let’s see if we match.”

In a flash my shirt is up and over my head and thrown…somewhere…followed closely by my bra.

Hell, yes, Marvin…let’s get it on!

I ghost my fingertips down his chest, his abs, and to the button of his jeans. 

I look up at him.

He raises an eyebrow, giving me the go-ahead.

I pop it open and lower his zipper giving my boy…oh, not a boy…my man some room.

He growls at the back of his throat and crushes himself of top of me, kissing me, torturing me with his tongue and lips.  He nibbles my bottom lip, then scorches me with wet kisses from my chin all the way down to the middle of my chest and then down my abdomen until he reaches the button of my jeans.

He copies what I did to him; a look for approval and once it’s given, he removes them completely leaving me in just my panties.

“God, you’re gorgeous, Bella.”

I can feel the blush creeping up my chest, my neck, to the apples of my cheeks.  What this man does to me.

He removes his own jeans, leaving him in his boxer briefs and I die a slow, euphoric death.  That man is fine and he’s mine.

He crawls back into the bed, fingers and lips blazing a trail of fire up my legs, over my hips and belly and then finally settling over my breasts; his warm, rough hand teasing the nipple of one while his soft, wet lips wrap around the nipple of the other.

I’ve died and gone to Heaven.

Everything tingles and pulses and I can’t help but to seek out some sort of friction so I lift my hips and push into him a few times, causing him to hiss in response.

“Shit, Bella.  Hang on a second.  It’s been…a while for me.”

Sooooo good to know.

When he calms himself a little, he rolls to the side and begins to trace the lines of my body.  Collarbones, cleavage, one breast, the other, down my belly until he reaches the top of my panties.  He dips a finger just inside, teasing, testing, going back and forth.  And then he slides his hand lower, cupping me and adding pressure just where I need it.  And then it’s all fingers and slickness and feel-good.

My reaction is purely instinctual.  I reach out and palm him, squeezing lightly at first, and then harder because I just can’t help myself.  I want him.  I want every single part of him…anywhere…everywhere.

He drops his head to my breast and groans before taking it into his mouth, licking, swirling, nipping.  At the same time his fingers are spreading, sliding and…oh, god…curling.

I need to feel him, skin to skin, even more than I already am, and I dip my hand into his boxer briefs, touching all of him for the first time…and I’m lost.  Lost to him and this and us; our panting breaths, our wonton moans.

“Edward, I’m close,” I whisper, turning my face into his chest and just needing a little bit more.

“Me, too, Pretty.” 

He rubs a little faster with his thumb, pumps a little harder with his fingers, captures my lips with his and finally my toes curl and my back arches and I’m done.  So done.

Moments later he follows, wet and warm.

When we’re cleaned up and changed, I snuggle into him, sated and happy.

I’m almost asleep when I faintly hear Edward whisper, “Bella?”

“Mmhmm?”

“I…Goodnight, Pretty.”

“Hmm…goodnight, Babe,” I mumble into his chest and then drift off into the most wonderful dream.

No comments: